We own funeral homes, cemeteries, crematoria and related assets in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and New Zealand.
Many of our funeral homes have been operating since the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Our vision is to consolidate the fragmented death care industry in Australia and New Zealand.
Our Partnership Approach
We aim to:
- provide succession solutions for vendors
- preserve and enhance the goodwill and quality of services provided by funeral homes, cemeteries and crematoria we partner with
- empower our staff via a decentralised operating model with engaged and responsive management
- treat stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect
- create value through disciplined capital allocation and active portfolio management
Propel Funeral Partners was developed and is managed by Propel Investments Pty Limited (‘Manager’), an experienced investment manager established in 2007 by former senior executives of DB Capital Partners, following Deutsche Bank’s divestment of its Australian direct private capital business.
The Manager’s team comprises well qualified and experienced investment professionals who have worked together for between 11 and 17 years.
The Manager has a successful track record of investment in the death care industry which spans more than a decade:
- FY06: Manager becomes a controlling shareholder of Bledisloe Holdings, the then second largest provider of death care services in Australia and the largest provider of funeral services in New Zealand.
- FY11: Bledisloe Holdings is sold to InvoCare Limited for $114 million.
- FY12: Manager establishes Propel Funeral Partners.
- FY17: Propel Funeral Partners emerges as the second largest provider of death care services in Australia and New Zealand.
Our Investment Strategy
The Manager implements an investment strategy focussed on:
- expanding into locations with favourable demographics and/or market structures, through organic and inorganic initiatives
- acquiring and/or establishing death care assets, such as:
- funeral homes
- cemeteries and crematoria
- related properties and infrastructure
- actively managing the portfolio